Welcome to RTC's 2022 Open Water Swim Registration
Hosted Monday's and Wednesday's, weather/river permitting, at Robious Landing Park, Midlothian, VA.
** PLEASE REMEMBER TO SELECT "COMPLETE REGISTRATION" IN ORDER TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, IF YOU DON'T, PLEASE RESUBMIT. WE NEED TO HAVE AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT FOR OUR WATER SAFETY CREW. THANKS! **
1. Registration is for all active members ONLY. If you have not renewed your membership please go to https://www.richmondtriclub.com/join-or-renew memberships will be verified.
In order to maintain safety and social distancing guidelines: Each wave has a maximum of 20 swimmers
Each swimmer should seed themselves (fastest to slowest by wave)
Top of the Pack (fast swimmers) Wave 1 (6:05 pm start)
Slow/Newbie (swimmers) Wave 2 (6:10 pm start)
2. Every swimmer is required to sign the 2022 Waiver online
3. Every swimmer needs to SIGN-IN to the log book and list emergency contact person’s name and phone number.
4. 6:00 pm Safety briefing/announcements - all must be present
5. Swim Safety Buoys are required by ALL swimmers. They can be purchased online at Amazon. We have a limited number of Swim Safety Buoys and are first come first served. No Buoy = No Swim
6. Bright swim caps must be worn by all swimmers. We will have a limited number available in case you forget to bring one.
7. After the swimmer returns, they must SIGN OUT of the log book. The Race Directors will call the emergency contact if the swimmer does not log themselves out.
8. All participants (swimmers and volunteers) are encouraged to sign up for Rained Out text notifications https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=7a1a66c9d13367fce645
* We recommend getting there early, by no later than 5:55 pm so that you get your swim buoy/wet suit set up, swim cap, etc. *
** We need 4 Volunteer Kayakers and 2 SUP's -- must be at least 18 years of age. All will be provided with PFD's (personal flotation devices). Must be comfortable having someone hold on to the kayak/SUP front or backside. RTC membership not required but encouraged. Waiver form completion required.
Please be considerate, if you are unable to make the swim, you must CANCEL your registration. To do this, ask for a REFUND. This to allows us to ensure safety procedures. Thank you for your cooperation!
Monday, May 23, 2022
3800 James River Rd