The 7th Greater Omaha Chapter (GOC) of AFCEA Steps for STEM 5K Run/Walk is designed to be an uplifting, family-oriented, community event, benefitting the GOC’s STEM Scholarship and Grant Fund. Our chapter has about 250 members and our focus extends from Eastern Nebraska to Western Iowa.
Join us, participants and spectators alike, on this promising May morning to take part in this run/walk! All events will take place at scenic Walnut Creek Park in Papillion Nebraska with both the start and finish lines just off the circle on Gold Coast Road.
All runners/walkers will receive a medal. M2 is partnering with Greater Omaha Chapter of AFCEA to provide awards for top finishers. Top 3 - 5K runners – (Male and Female categories) 1st - Garmin Forerunner 255, 2nd - $150 Sports Store Gift card, and 3rd - $100 Sports Store Gift card. Awards will be presented at the culmination of the run near the starting point on Gold Coast Road.
There are SPONSORSHIP opportunities for those who want to get their name out there or simply to help a worthy cause.
Early Registration Fees (Now through 6 Mar 23):
Adults (18 years old and up) $28.00
Teenagers (13 to 17) $18.00
Children 12 years and under $12.00
Registration Fees (7 Mar through 25 May 23):
Adults (18 years old and up) $40.00
Teenagers (13 to 17) $30.00
Children 12 years and under $20.00
* Since this event will be digitally timed by Precision Race Results, registration closeout remains firm on Thu, 25 May 23. No registration will be taken after this date – no exceptions.
Event Details and Schedule:
– The event will be held rain or shine and no refunds of entry will be given.
-- This race will be timed by Precision Race Results.
– Runners and walkers will receive a race day T-shirt to wear while running or walking the track. All participants receive a medal at the finish line!
– Race day is Saturday, 27 May 23. Participants should arrive by 8:30am, 8:45am at the latest to check-in.
– The race will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Gold Coast Road entrance to Walnut Creek Lake.
– There will be FREE parking for all participants.
– No bicycles, skates, skateboards or pets are allowed.
-- Our event is stroller friendly. There will be no charge assessed for children in strollers.
– Shirts are not guaranteed for participants who register after Friday, 12 May 23. There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
TO REGISTER: http://getmeregistered.com/StepsforSTEM5K
Chapter Website: https://omaha.afceachapters.org/fun-run-2023
Saturday, May 27, 2023
11601 S 96th St