The mission of the AACR is to prevent and cure cancer through research, education, communication, and collaboration. Though its programs and services, the AACR fosters research in cancer and related biomedical science; accelerates the dissemination of new research findings among scientists and others dedicated to the conquest of cancer; promotes science education and training; and advances the understanding of cancer etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment throughout the world.
The AACR is the oldest and largest scientific organization in the world focused on every aspect of high-quality, innovative cancer research. Its reputation for scientific breadth and excellence attract the premier researchers in the field. The programs and services of the AACR foster the exchange of knowledge and new ideas among scientists dedicated to cancer research, provide training opportunities for the next generation of cancer researchers, and increase public understanding of cancer.
To that end, the AACR:
· Including Cancer Discovery, the AACR publishes seven major peer-reviewed journals: Cancer Research; Clinical Cancer Research; Molecular Cancer Therapeutics; Molecular Cancer Research; Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention; and Cancer Prevention Research. AACR journals represented 20 percent of the market share of total citations in 2009.
· Publishes CR, a magazine for cancer survivors, patient advocates, their families, physicians and scientists. It provides a forum for sharing essential, evidence-based information and perspectives on progress in cancer research, survivorship, and advocacy.
· Convenes topical scientific conferences and an annual meeting that draws more than 17,000 participants from the cancer research community.
· Offers workshops, fellowships and grants for early-career investigators and investigators-in-training.
· Collaborates with cancer survivors, raises public awareness of the progress in and cause for hope in cancer research and advocates for strong federal research funding.
Fundraising Campaign Details
Campaign end date:3/1/2012 (-736 days remaining)
Fundraising Campaign is closed,
no longer accepting donations.