You only live twice! Don’t let the name fool you, Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) is anything but grim. With origins dating back some 3,000 years ago, this wild and colorful festival celebrates the lives of our departed loved ones, rebirth and this crazy ride we call life. Join us for the inaugural Day of the Dead 5K and Fiesta!
The Fiesta starts at noon and continues until you hear the bells begin the count down to the moment of sundown and the beginning of the 5K through the cemetery. The run will be lively with all of the spirits ready to run with you.
Start your day with tons of family activities and join in the fun at night with the 5K Run. Festivities include: world–renowned Aztec Fire Dancers, inflatables, face painting, free cemetery tours, music, ethnic foods, a 1 mile fun run, oh and a Margarita Tent!!! Plus don’t forget your costumes!
Schedule of Events
- 12:00 p.m. - The Fiesta begins!
- 1:00 p.m. - Mexican Folkloric Dance
- 2:00 p.m. - African Drumming Performance
- 2:01 p.m. - Race events registration opens
- 3:15 p.m. - An interactive Aztec "Eagle Dance" learning
- 4:00 p.m. - 1 Mile "Skeleton Dash" Family Fun Run
- 5:00 p.m. - African Drumming Performance
- 5:30 p.m. - A once in a lifetime Aztec Fire Dance Performance
- 6:38 p.m. (sundown) - 5K (kids 10 and under must run with an adult)
- 7:30 p.m. - Awards
- 7:45 p.m. - Dance
- 9:30 p.m. - End
Want a wonderful way to pay tribute to those we remember and to those we celebrate on Race day? 2013 back bibs can be personalized with pictures and messaging. Click this banner and follow the easy 3 step process to create your keepsake bib.