Please take advantage of the pre-race packet pickup at A Precious Child (7051 W. 118th Ave.) in Broomfield on Thursday, Nov. 1, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on Friday, Nov. 2, from 3-5 p.m. Packet pickup will also be available at Road Runner Sports (10436 Town Center Dr.) in Westminster on Saturday, Nov. 3, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. The packet will include: Shirt, Racing Bib, Timing Chip and Safety Pins.
Parking and Event Layout:
There are multiple parking lots around the Broomfield Civic Center and Community Park that will be available to participants and spectators on race day. Please note that Spader Way from Midway Blvd. to 1st Avenue will be closed, but you can access public parking in the Broomfield Combined Courts parking lot from Main Street and Descombes Dr. Please note that Community Park Road will be closed as well and a portion of Midway Blvd. east and west of Spader Way. There is also parking available in the Mamie Doud Eisenhower Library parking lot and Broomfield Health and Human Services parking lot with access from 1st Ave. and another large parking area along 287/120th and Lamar.
Relay participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the relay points.
Race Timeline and Other Info:
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME is Nov. 4, so make sure to set your clocks accordingly.
- 6:30 a.m. – Race day registration for 5K and 10K; Packet pickup available
- 8 a.m. – Full and half marathon start; Marathon relay team start
- 9 a.m. – 10K and 5K start
- 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. – After Race Party and Vendor Expo
- Dog owners: Dogs will not be allowed to participate in the marathon and half marathon races. Those wishing to bring their well-behaved dog to run/walk with them in the 10K and 5K must begin in the later waves designated for dog owners.
- Aid stations: There will be aid stations approximately every two miles with water, a hydration drink and either power bars/gels. There will be additional food, water and snacks at the finish line for participants.
- Race routes: You can access downloadable maps, mobile-friendly maps, elevations, photos, KML and GPX files, race certifications and more at our race measuring website. We encourage spectators along the route!
- Additional FAQs
Prizes and Award Ceremonies:
- All full and half marathon runners will receive finisher medals. 10K and 5K participants will receive finisher ribbons.
- 5K & 10K Awards @ 10:30 a.m.: Awards include medals for overall winners (Men & Women), Winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
- Half Marathon Awards @ 11:15 a.m.: Awards include cash prizes and medals for overall winners (Men & Women), medals for winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
- Full Marathon Awards @ Noon: Awards include cash prizes and medals for overall winners (Men & Women), medals for winners in each age bracket (Men & Women).
All participants and spectators are invited to attend the after-race party that will take place in Broomfield Community Park adjoining the start/finish line. There will be music by DJ Jenny D from KOSI Radio, food trucks, a beer garden and vendors.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, Nov. 4. Please check out our race website for any additional questions at www.broomfieldmarathon.com. Any remaining questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you see an old guy with a clipboard wearing a blue cap with the Rotary logo say hello because that would be me.